Bill O'Reilly laughs at man dragged off United flight

Jay Jacobs
April 14, 2017

"I grab some vacation, because it's spring and Easter time", O'Reilly said Tuesday.

Some five dozen companies have said they wouldn't advertise on O'Reilly's show following a report in The New York Times on April 2 that five women had been paid a total of $13 million to keep quiet about harassment allegations against cable television news' most popular personality. The investigation is being conducted by the firm, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison. Other Fox hosts such as Bret Baier, Eric Bolling, Chris Wallace and Jesse Watters have filled in for him. The sons, while also business-minded, have worked to modernize the company's workplace. But if the show can not hold onto advertisers, who collectively paid an estimated $119 million for airtime in the first three quarters of 2016 alone, O'Reilly may find himself out of the job.

Meanwhile, Bill O'Reilly and the involved parties are still yet to release their statements.

"We've received positive feedback from across the SNHU community" for ending commercials on "The O'Reilly Factor" starting April 4, said Lauren Keane, SNHU's director of communications, in an email Wednesday. O'Reilly has denied all of the accusations.

U.S. concerned about Hungary's university law, says envoy
Protesters filling Kossuth Square outside the parliament said they want President Janos Ader to veto the legislation. Ader - from Orban's governing Fidesz party - was re-elected by lawmakers for a five-year term in March.


A person familiar with the matter told Politico a new Friday-night spinoff of O'Reilly's show called "Friday Factor" will have a rotating group of hosts filling his Friday slot. While his sons, Lachlan and James, who both have leadership positions, want him out.

After O'Reilly announced his vacation, New York Magazine reported that there's a split inside the Murdoch family - which runs 21st Century Fox - over whether O'Reilly should remain with the network.

This is not the first time Fox News has had problems with creating a hostile environment for women. The Associated Press reports that The O'Reilly Factor, the No. 1 cable TV news show, has in fact gained viewers since news of the sexual harassment charges broke, helping contribute to a record three-month period for the pundit - "his biggest quarter ever in the show's 20-year history".

Other reports by TheDailyFarc

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER