Fox will investigate Bill O'Reilly harassment claims, lawyer says

Jay Jacobs
April 18, 2017

According to CNN, Fox News' parent company, 21st Century Fox, is going to investigate allegations that its No. 1 host, Bill O'Reilly, has a longstanding habit of making sexually inappropriate overtures to women in the workplace.

"21st Century Fox investigates all complaints and we have asked the law firm Paul Weiss to continue assisting the company in these serious matters", it read.

Roginsky said that a misogynistic culture at Fox News had not changed since Ailes left the network.

The actor played both the US President and O'Reilly in a split-screen sketch which addressed the news anchor's sexual harassment allegations.

O'Reilly told the newspaper he made the payments to "avoid negative publicity" for the sake of his children.

"OK, but when she said no, what was her vibe?" he asked, later adding, "Yeah, like when she said no, did her eyes say yes?"

The scandal has led to an advertiser exodus for Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor", which the variety show made fun of by showing which sponsors had stuck around.

Bloom and Walsh called into 21st Century Fox's corporate hotline last week to formally issue the complaint with the company. The company confirmed that it will probe the matter.

Pence aims to reassure allies amid North Korea threat
Tensions have been on the rise along the Korean Peninsula in recent weeks over concerns about North Korean aggression. It may be up to his vice president, Mike Pence, to fill in the details during a visit to Asia.


Walsh said that O'Reilly offered to make her a contributor on his show, but rescinded the offer after he denied her sexual advances.

Get free real-time news alerts from the Pacific Palisades Patch.

O'Reilly thanked him for his support amid the allegations.

Ms. Walsh told AP that she came forward after learning from a Times reported that numerous women who filed sexual harassment cases against Mr. O'Reilly were restricted by gag orders.

"I told them I really appreciate that and let's get going as soon as possible", said the attorney. "I think I hear my helicopter right now". She said she is not bound by any such agreement, and the statute of limitations for suing has run out.

The accusations against O'Reilly prompted major advertisers to abandon his nightly television program, The O'Reilly Factor.

"Just like other prominent and controversial people, I'm vulnerable to lawsuits from individuals who want me to pay them to avoid negative publicity", the statement said. "We have produced an ad to educate Donald Trump to air during The O'Reilly Factor in NY and D.C. We submitted it to stations on Friday, but weirdly, we haven't heard back from them since".

Other reports by TheDailyFarc

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER