Prince: Purple Rain star's Paisley Park home found 'LITTERED' with pills

Francis Osborne
April 18, 2017

The "Purple Rain" hitmaker tragically passed away on April 21 a year ago aged 57 after an accidental Fentanyl overdose, and reports from the search warrants released by Minnesota authorities, which have been obtained by TMZ, have revealed the music legend's home was laden with pills prescribed to Peter Bravestrong, which was believed to be the alias Prince went under to maintain his privacy.

Prince was 57 when he was found alone and unresponsive in an elevator at Paisley Park on April 21.

One affidavit says Dr. Michael Todd Schulenberg admitted he prescribed oxycodone for Prince in a Prince's associate's name "for Prince's privacy".

The search also included going through phone records of Prince's associates as well as emails in order to find out where he received the drug fentanyl.

Last October, a court order extended the seal on the search warrants and accompanying documents involved in the Prince death investigation until April 17, 2017.

Today, a series of search warrants and affidavits from the criminal investigation of Prince's accidental opioid overdose were made public by the Carver County District Court in Minnesota. They looked for any illicit narcotics that could explain the cause of the decedent's death.

Authorities conducted a second search more than two weeks after Prince died and recovered more evidence, including numerous counterfeit pills, the official said. The suitcase contained prescription pill bottles in the name of Kirk Johnson, and a closer examination of those pill bottles revealed that not all the pills inside the containers were the pills listed on the prescription.

The documents said Prince did not have any prescriptions, including for fentanyl.

Japan PM: NKorea may be capable of sarin-loaded missiles
Hong said his family lives hundreds of miles from The North Korean capital, but he worries nuclear weapons could reach them. Kim, who arrived in a black limousine, did not make a speech.


Schulenberg's attorney, Amy Conners, disputed that.

The medical examiner's office said his death was the result of an accidental overdose of the opioid fentanyl, a synthetic drug 50 times more powerful than heroin.

According to the documents, Johnson went to Walgreen's and picked up Prince's prescription medication.

According to the search warrants, investigators found several pills labelled Watson 853 - the identifier for generic hydrocodone-acetaminophen.

Laws against prescribing with a false name are not usually enforced when a doctor intends to protect a celebrity's privacy, said Los Angeles attorney Ellyn Garofalo. Emergency responders administer a shot of Narcan, an opioid antidote, and take him to the hospital. But Johnson hasn't talked to federal prosecutors, according to the official with knowledge of the investigation, who spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. She said she didn't question what they were.

No one has been charged in connection with his death, but authorities say the investigation is still open and active.

An autopsy found Prince died of fentanyl.

Prescription medications written to Johnson and dated April 7, 2016 were found in a suitcase with the name tag of "Peter Bravestrong, ' which singer and friend Judith Hill confirmed to investigators was an alias Prince would use while traveling".

Other reports by TheDailyFarc

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER