Netflix Officially Fires Kevin Spacey!

Francis Osborne
November 5, 2017

In the less than a week since Kevin Spacey was first accused of sexual misconduct with a 14-year-old Anthony Rapp back in 1986, numerous men have come forward to disclose their own encounters with the actor, House of Cards has been canceled and his agent and publicist have both distanced themselves from the two-time Oscar victor.

Production of "House of Card" season six was in progress prior to Anthony Rapp's allegations. He asked that CNN refrain from describing what happened next in the auto, so as protect his identity. The production assistant said that the harassment stopped for long enough that he felt okay about driving to the set with Spacey.

After arriving on set, the assistant says he helped Spacey's belongings to the trailer on set and while they were in the trailer, the actor had cornered him, blocking his exit and making inappropriate contact. The man said: "I told him, 'I don't think I'm ok with this, I don't think I'm comfortable with this".

CNN reports that the former production assistant, whose account was never previously been disclosed, alleges Spacey sexually assaulted him during one of the show's early seasons.

"I have no doubt that this type of predatory behavior was routing and that my experience was one of many, and that Kevin had few if any qualms about exploiting his status and position". "He would come in and massage my shoulders from behind or put his hands around me or touch my stomach sometimes in weird ways that in normal everyday conversation would not be appropriate".

Bolier Blast At NTPC Power Plant Left 12 Dead And 100 Injured
More than 20 people killed and 100 got injured in a blast at National Thermal Power Plant Corporation in Uttar Pradesh. An investigation has been launched into the cause of the blast - one of India's worst industrial accidents in years.


London police said they had begun investigating an alleged 2008 sexual assault reportedly linked to Spacey.

The statement went on to confirm that Netflix would also be shelving its film Gore; a biopic of the American writer produced by and starring Spacey. In a statement, the Old Vic expressed "deep dismay" at the sexual assault allegations and said "inappropriate behavior by anyone working at The Old Vic is completely unacceptable".

If the show is not able to continue production, Netflix will be exploring options of a possible spinoff of House of Cards.

Additionally, Spacey revealed that he has "had relationships with both men and women", and that he now chooses "to live as a gay man". Several people connected to the show came forward with sexual harassment allegations against Spacey.

Other reports by TheDailyFarc

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER