How Your Tax Dollars Went to Harry Reid's Friend to Research UFOs

Trevor Jackson
December 20, 2017

This is the first time the Pentagon has acknowledged the existence of the program. Be prepared for your conspiracy-loving uncle to be extra insufferable this holiday season.

Defense officials told the Times that the program, which investigated reports of UFOs, ended in 2012.

According to the newspaper, the programme documented sightings of aircraft that seemed to move at very high velocities with no visible sign of propulsion, or that hovered with no apparent means of lift.

Bigelow is "currently working with NASA to produce expandable craft for humans to use in space", according to the NY Times.

Out of the $600 billion annual Defense Department budgets, nobody was really going to notice the $22 million going towards the AATIP (note: needs catchier acronym), the point of the program was to properly investigate the reports of UFOs that were regularly put forward by members of the military.

"A Department of Defense video released in August shows a "whitish oval object about the size of a commercial plane" being chased by two Navy F/A-18F fighter jets from the aircraft carrier Nimitz near the coast of San Diego in 2004", according to the report.

Mueller has thousands of Trump-transition emails
This weekend's dispute is the latest chapter in an ongoing campaign by Trump's Republican allies against Mueller and his team. Van Grack also declined to identify the 13 transition officials whose materials the special counsel's office had obtained.


Former director Luis Elizondo revealed that he continued the investigations on behalf of the Navy and Central Intelligence Agency for another five years until he quit in October 2017.

The Pentagon said in a statement the program was now over. In his resignation letter, he questioned why the U.S. wasn't spending "more time and effort" on UFO research. In 1947, the Air Force began a series of studies that investigated more than 12,000 claimed U.F.O. sightings before it was officially ended in 1969. Bigelow researchers also interviewed people who reported feeling physiological changes after encounters with UFOs, as well as soldiers who saw these unknown flying objects.

The eerie footage comes just as the USA government acknowledged the existence of its Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, which aimed to investigate reports of extraterrestrial life.

Under Bigelow's direction, the company modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena. Pilots attempting to understand what they see can be heard in this video published by the Department of Defense, which, however, refuses to specify the date and location of the incident. Following his resignation, he joined the for-profit To The Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences.

Of course, while Tom DeLonge has always been involved in furthering the existence of UFOs, aliens, and intergalactic life, in recent years he's managed to really step up his research.

Other reports by TheDailyFarc

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER